It's time for me to get back to blogging, back to the core of why I started this journey in the first place. I blog because I love it and I fully intend to be honest and forthcoming in this space. I see this blog as a home for my big dreams, business aspirations and a place where I can talk about a variety of things happening in my personal life (pregnancy, etc). So this month I am getting back to blogging. It's been a struggle this summer to keep up with the blog with a new babe. Of course nothing is more important than this sweet time with Rowan, but I love being able to write and share here.
So without hesitation or embarrassment (this is a safe space!) here are my goals for October.
1. Blog more! Like I just said, I love writing (and it takes time) but I have a strong desire to blog this month. My goal is 3x per week.
2. Organize and have a meeting with my husband about personal finance. I won't lie, this has been a tough period regarding money. After my part time job offer "fell through" I have been left without a job (aka steady income). I have been so fearful of looking at the hard numbers but it's time to step up and make a plan. It's never as bad as I imagine. (Deep breath)
3. Find a job! Related to goal #3, it's really really time for me to find a way to make money. The catch is, I don't want to let my education, experience and skills go to waste at a minimum wage job. Please pray that the right PT opportunity comes along and that we are a good fit!
4. Submit my brand inspiration shoot to a wedding blog for publication! Quite honestly, I have no idea if anyone will pick it up. But I am willing to take a risk and ask, what's the worst that will happen?
5. Stick to my goals of acheiving a healthier me: mind, body & soul. I want to continue attending the church we've started planting ourselves in, eat to fuel my body, and exercise because it feels good! If you're interested in following my journey on Instagram... (@rachel_fortheglow).
I hope that amidst all this chaos and change that I can be still/confident/faithful enough to soak up every bit of sweetness that Rowan holds at this precious age of 3 months. I am hoping and praying that I can be calm.
What are your goals this month? If you have a blog, link to it in the comments below. I would love to check them out and encourage you!